Monday, November 18, 2013

#118

In a much less confusing area of space, Jacob and Mark are stuck in two large, transparent cells suspended from the ceiling. They have no idea where they are, aside from in a large, boring, rectangular room somewhere. There are no windows. The energy that frees them from these cells hasn't reached them yet due to the massive time distortions coming from Inspector Fox.

Well, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into,” Mark says.

What?”

Laurel and Hardy reference. Probably ancient even on your Earth.”

Oh. Is this meant to be ironic?”

Sarcastic.”

Ah. Well, I got that much.”

'Oh, you could've fooled me.'”

What?”

You could've replied to my sarcasm with more sarcasm. That would've been ironic.”

Don't be stupid.”

There's a pause. “We do need to get out of here, though. They left us our weapons. Doesn't look like we can break out then.” He hits the wall with one of his metal gloves. The wall ripples with a comedic bungee chord-like sound, but nothing else happens. Mark looks down at his knife, and sighs.

Wish I had something bigger,” he says. Suddenly, the knife seems to grow a longer handle, and below the blade, one of the Imperial rifles appears. The transformation is near-instant, and Mark nearly drops the thing as it happens. “Whoa!”

Jacob glances over and sees the change. However, he doesn't really react at all.

Is that You's fucking laser pike?” he asks.

I-it looks like it...” Mark replies. “How it replaced the knife, I don't know, though.”

Well, use it. See if it can break out.”

What if the shot reflects.”

No, stab with it, dumbass. Pikes can be used for more than just firing lasers.”

Mark gouges the wall ahead of him, but to no avail. “Shit.”

Jacob sighs again. “Do you suppose they'll execute us?”

Probably.”

Damn.”

Well, wouldn't that, y'know. Let you have a reunion with...” He trails off.

With?”

With your bro?”

No, it wouldn't. I think my bro has moved on.”

From the afterlife? Does that work?”

I don't even know if I met my brother in the afterlife, dude. I don't remember much from when we...used that die. Did I even tell you what happened when I used that?”

No, I don't think so. Do you still have the die?”

Jacob checks his pockets. No luck. “Nope. I don't remember who had it, really. Maybe You?”

Not me.”

Don't be stupid.”

Okay. But seriously, didn't the Emperor want that? What if You or Susie or your cousin has it, and they're headed here?”
Do we even know if the Emperor's here. Or if the others are on their way.”

Hm. Well, I presumed things...”

Not good. We should probably only assume the worst given the situation here.”

Are you sure?”

Then, suddenly, there is a clicking sound one of the walls of the cage. The material of that wall detaches from the frame and lifts. It's a long drop down, but the two are free.

Welp,” Jacob murmurs, shortly before he tries to go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment