Wednesday, November 6, 2013

#106

Inspector Fox looks at the Emperor aboard their shuttlecraft. Neither of them has said a word since leaving, as the Emperor feels terror for his charade, wherein he suggested to You that Fox was his minion, rather than vice versa. However, this was agreed upon, to neutralize suspicions on You's behalf—though the Beta-2 child, Jacob, seems to recognize him, so the plan may have failed.

“Kai,” Fox says then. “I have to go.”

“What?” the Emperor replies. “How...how do you intend on going?”

“I imagine I can simply...leave the shuttlecraft,” the Inspector says slowly. “But I must inform you that two events of urgency have taken place. The first being that Universe-Beta-2 has collapsed; and I must allow the siphoning of its energy into the Blue Tower. Secondly, your son has destroyed the Red Tower with the aid of my Son, and I do not intend for either to escape in one piece.”

With that, there's a flash of white light, which seems to implode upon itself. As it does so, it takes Fox to another point in space; and as he goes to such a point, the Emperor is once again surprised. “You is alive...?”

He instantly feels himself burn again with rage, but this rage relaxes into sorrow. He feels conflicted then, but he doesn't know why.

All he knows is that it's as if his entire path has been thrown off-course.

No comments:

Post a Comment